UAMS will be the #1 Cardiology research institution in Arkansas and an internationally recognized authority on cardiovascular disease diagnosis, prevention, and treatment among rural and urban populations.
The purpose of the Research Committee is to review, support and track all Cardiology Research activities in order to create the visibility and structure necessary to grow the department’s research portfolio
The inaugural Cardiology Research Committee meeting was held on September 4, 2020. A selection of current and future research projects were shared with the committee to build awareness and obtain their feedback. Download the meeting slides (PDF).
Cardiology Research News
- UAMS Cardiovascular Care: What’s New and What’s Next?
J. Paul Mounsey, M.D., Ph.D., director of the Division of Cardiovascular Medicine and the cardiovascular research program at UAMS, and Irion “Chip” Pursell, M.P.H., R.N., B.S.N., director of cardiology research at UAMS, shared exciting progress about expanding cardiology services at UAMS.
- UAMS Using Artificial Intelligence to Study Heart Motion, Improve Treatments
- J.L. Mehta, M.D., Ph.D., Honored by Italian Society of Cardiology, University of Rome
- UAMS Lincoln Project Aims to Reduce Prevalence of Heart Disease through Grassroots
- Heart Researchers Uncover Simple Tool to Quickly Diagnose Normal vs. Abnormal Rapid Heartbeat
- Student Doesn’t Miss a Beat with New Leadless Pacemaker
- J.L. Mehta, M.D., Ph.D., Receives Lifetime Achievement Award