Thank you for taking the time to examine our program. The goal of our two-year Endocrinology Fellowship at UAMS is to ensure clinical excellence in all areas of Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism while permitting maximum flexibility for varying career goals. To achieve this goal, each year of the program our fellows attend:
- Outpatient clinics: on average six half-days a week. This includes continuity clinic(s), faculty teaching clinics, and electives.
- Inpatient consulting service: three months a year. The consulting team includes faculty, endocrine fellows, medicine residents, and senior medical students.
We can accommodate fellows who want to concentrate on either research or clinical work by adjusting clinical duties within the guidelines set for certification in Endocrinology and Metabolism.
If you join our fellowship program, your scheduled educational program will include:
- Bi-monthly research conferences (fellows participate in selection of topics)
- Weekly clinical endocrine conferences (fellows, medical residents, and faculty present)
- Weekly clinical case sessions, journal club, and board review (fellows, medical residents, and faculty present)
- Weekly Internal Medicine Grand Rounds
- Endocrine Grand Rounds (once a month on average)
- Research seminars organized by Basic Science Departments are held two to three times every week.
To ensure professional growth and guarantee that the fellows meet ACGME milestones, they will receive evaluations by each attending they work with on inpatient and outpatient services. These evaluations will be discussed with each fellow and will be available to them.
We are committed to 100% virtual interviews for all applicants in the recruitment season for 2022. You can meet our Endocrinology faculty and fellows who provide an overview of the program through the videos below.
You can also see achievements of our faculty and fellows on social media with #uamsendocrinology.
If you have any questions please contact me. If you are interested in applying, please follow the Apply link in the menu.
Spyridoula Maraka, M.D., M.S.
Learn More About Us