- Applying to the UAMS Fourth Year Intensive Emergency Medicine Elective.
- Currently enrolled in and in good standing at an LCME accredited medical school, or a school of osteopathic medicine accredited by the American Osteopathic Association.
- Must have successfully completed basic clinical rotations in Medicine, Surgery, Obstetrics/Gynecology, Pediatrics, and Psychiatry.
- Identifies as a member of a group that is underrepresented in medicine.
- You can find more information about UAMS institutional requirements for visiting students.
- Applicants will be required to submit an application through the Visiting Student Learning Opportunities (VLSO) portal and complete all requirements of the VSLO application
Components of Elective
- $1,000 stipend to cover travel and living expenses
- Four week elective clerkship
- 13-15 shifts over four weeks where you will function as an acting intern with direct patient care
- Weekly didactic sessions
- SIM sessions
- Virtual Slack classroom with learning assignments
- Mentorship opportunities with department leadership and other faculty.
- Assigned core mentor who will meet with you throughout the rotation.
- Opportunities to meet with other department leaders and faculty based on your areas of interest.
- Get more information about our elective.
- Complete the VSLO application for the UAMS EM elective.
- Fill out the UAMS Emergency Medicine Scholarship for URiM application.
- Submit a letter of intent (no more than one page) telling us about yourself and how you will contribute to our mission of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- The first round of applications is due June 1, 2022