- The US Departments of Health and Human Services (HHS) and Agriculture (USDA) selected Aline Andres, PhD, to the 2025 Dietary Guidelines Advisory Committee.
- The ACNC Welcomes Colin D. Kay, PhD, to serve as professor in the Dept. of Pediatrics, Scientific Director of our Metabolomics and Analytical Chemistry Core, and Director of Precision Health Research at ACRI.
- Dr. Elisabet Børsheim, PhD, was named inaugural Arkansas Children’s Research Institute Director of Research Faculty Development, tasked with developing a formal on-boarding plan for new research faculty and mentoring junior faculty.
- Registered Dietitian, Audrey Martinez, MS, RD interview on ‘Good Afternoon Arkansas’ re: introducing solid foods to infants
- Dr. Aline Andres, PhD, receives 2022 American Society for Nutrition’s Nutritional Sciences Award
- Dr. Laxmi Yeruva’s work received funding through National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, part of NIH
- Dr. Xiawei Ou received funding from NIH to study how maternal obesity affects babies’ brains
- Clinical Research Promoter, Lauren Ramsey, interviewed with KATV’s Elicia Dover on Good Afternoon Arkansas to talk about healthy summer snacks for children
- Physical Trainer, Alvin Dupens, interviewed with KATV’s Elicia Dover on Good Afternoon Arkansas to demonstrate some exercises for their Workout Wednesday segment
- Clinical Research Promoter, Lauren Ramsey, interviewed with KATV’s Elicia Dover on Good Afternoon Arkansas to talk about the Expecting study
- Researchers at ACNC find correlation between C-sections and baby brain development.
Open-rank tenure-track faculty position in nutritional epidemiology and assessment of dietary exposures with The Dept. of Epidemiology at the College of Public Health in collaboration with the ACNC. Applicants should submit an application via the UAMS careers portal located on the UAMS website. The position number is 2021-71913.