Dr. Ellison sees and treats patients at the UAMS Radiation Oncology Center and joined the faculty as an Assistant Professor at the UAMS College of Medicine Department of Radiation Oncology in 2023. She sees all cancer types, but specializes in pediatric cancers, soft tissue sarcomas, lymphomas, and gynecologic malignancies.
She is a graduate of the U.S. Air Force Academy where she achieved a Bachelor of Science in Biology followed by medical school at the Medical College of Wisconsin in Milwaukee, WI where she earned her M.D. She remained at the Medical College of Wisconsin for both her internship in internal medicine and completion of her residency in radiation oncology where she served as chief resident.
Her research interests include study of radiation-associated toxicity and improving patient outcomes in studies of both non-small cell lung cancer patients and soft tissue sarcomas. She uses radiation techniques such as intensity-modulated radiation therapy (IMRT), stereotactic body radiation therapy (SBRT).
Dr. Ellison is an Arkansas native and her family still resides in Russellville, Arkansas. Outside of medicine, she serves as a part time spin instructor, and enjoys outdoor sports with her family including hiking, kayaking, and rock climbing.
Education and Training
- United States Air Force Academy (USAFA), Colorado Springs, CO. 2010-2014. BS Biology. Distinguished Graduate (Summa Cum Laude equivalent)
- Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW), Milwaukee, WI. 2014-2018. Doctor of Medicine and Receipt of Maurice Greenberg Memorial Award.
- Froedtert & Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI. 2019. Internal Medicine Internship
- Froedtert & Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI. 2019-2023. Radiation Oncology Residency
- Froedtert & Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, WI. 2022-2023. Chief Radiation Oncology Resident