Education and Training
- M.Sc. from University of Maastricht, Maastricht, The Netherlands
- Ph.D. from University of Maastricht, Maastricht, The Netherlands
- Postdoctoral fellow at University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN
- Drug discovery, design and development in different biological areas
- (e.g. cancer, stroma, resistance)
- Tumor microenvironment
- (e.g. vessel normalization, physiology, immunology)
- Cancer glycobiology
- (e.g. galectins)
- Conventional treatments
- (e.g. combinations, optimizations, new mechanisms)
- Primary areas of investigation are aimed at enhancing our understanding of cancer biology to discover and develop improved methods for cancer treatment. Our major future objective is to significantly and positively contribute to translational research and clinical practice.
- Dings RPM, Chen X, Nesmelova I, Haseman J, Hellebrekers DMEI, Van Eijk LI, Zhang Y, Hoye TR, Griffioen AW, Mayo KH. Design of non-peptidic helix/sheet topomimetics: applications to inhibition of angiogenesis and tumor growth in mice. J Natl Cancer Inst. 2006; 98(13):932-6.
- Thijssen VLJL, Postel R, Brandwijk RJMGE, Dings RPM, Nesmelova I, Satijn S, Verhofstad N, Nakabeppu Y, Baum LG, Bakkers J, Mayo KH, Poirier F, Griffioen AW. Galectin-1 is essential in tumor angiogenesis and is a target for anti-angiogenesis therapy. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA. 2006; 103(43):15975-80.
- Dings RPM, Loren M, Heun H, McNiel E, Griffioen AW, Mayo KH, Griffin RJ. Scheduling of radiation with angiogenesis inhibitors Anginex and Avastin improves therapeutic outcome via vessel normalization. Clin Cancer Res. 2007; 13 3395-3402.
- Dings RPM, Vang KB, Castermans K, Popescu F, Zhang Y, Oude Egbrink MG, Mescher M, Farrar M, Griffioen AW, Mayo KH. Enhancement of T-cell mediated anti-tumor response: angiostatic adjuvant to immunotherapy against cancer. Clin Cancer Res. 2011;17(10):3134-45.
- Jenkins SV, Nima ZA, Vang KB, Dmitry Nedosekin, Kannarpady G, Zharov V, Griffin RJ, Biris AS, Dings RPM. “Triple negative breast cancer targeting and killing by EpCAM-directed, plasmonically active nanodrug systems.” NPJ Precision Oncology (in press) 2017
More information on Dr. Ding’s lab and lab work.
- US20070010438 – Tumor treatment using beta-sheet peptides and radiotherapy.
- US2011058796 – Cytotoxic agents against cancer cells and uses thereof.