Education and Training
- B.S. in IIT in Bombay, India
- M.S. from the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor, MI
- Ph.D. from the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor, MI
- Stereotactic Radiosurgery (SRS)
- Stereotactic Body Radiotherapy (SBRT)
- Image-guided Radiotherapy (IGRT)
- Imaging and special procedures.
Dr. Narayanasamy’s expertise in SBRT was instrumental in advancing the procedure for lung and liver cancer. The addition of abdominal compression to reduce tumor motion was a key first step. They are currently exploring advanced features for prostate visualization and toxicity reduction to normal tissue in SBRT.
- Narayanasamy G, Zhang X, Meigooni A, Paudel N, Morrill S, Maraboyina S, Peacock L, Peñagarícano J. Therapeutic benefits in grid irradiation on Tomotherapy for bulky, radiation-resistant tumors. Acta Oncol 2017; 56(8): 1043-1047.
- Narayanasamy G1, Smith A, Van Meter E, McGarry R, Molloy JA. Total target volume is a better predictor of whole brain dose from gamma stereotactic radiosurgery than the number, shape, or location of the lesions.
- Narayanasamy G1,2, Stathakis S1, Gutierrez AN1, Pappas E3, Crownover R1, Floyd JR 2nd4, Papanikolaou N1. A Systematic Analysis of 2 Monoisocentric Techniques for the Treatment of Multiple Brain Metastases.
- Narayanasamy G1, Saenz D, Cruz W, Ha CS, Papanikolaou N, Stathakis S. Commissioning an Elekta Versa HD linear accelerator.
- Narayanasamy G, Zalman T, Ha CS, Papanikolaou N, Stathakis S. Evaluation of Dosimetry Check software for IMRT patient-specific quality assurance.