Chair, Department of Radiation Oncology
Conditions Treated: Central Nervous System Tumors
Location: Little Rock, AR
I’m a radiation oncologist specializing in tumors of central nervous system. I serve as Residency Director, professor, and chair at the department of Radiation Oncology in UAMS and head a research lab at the Winthrop P. Rockefeller Cancer Center. I’m proud to work alongside other talented oncologists in pursuit of new ways to treat cancer.
In my lab, I conduct federally funded research that focuses on the Replication stress response and DNA damage repair mechanisms in normal and tumor cells after radiation therapy or chemotherapy. Understanding the interplay between defective DNA repair and cancer cell growth, as well as normal cell injury could lead to new avenues for both cancer prevention and personalized cancer treatment. My research team and I are motivated by an unyielding desire to find answers.
- Clinical Expertise: Radiation Oncology; Central Nervous System Tumors; Stereotactic Radiosurgery
- Languages Spoken: English, Chinese
- Education: M.D., Suzhou Medical College, Suzhou, China; Ph.D., Cancer Biology, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, Massachusetts
- Residencies: Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, Tennessee
- Board Certifications: Radiation Oncology
Visit PubMed for a full listing of Fen Xia’s journal articles.
More information on Dr. Xia’s Lab and Lab research.