Mohammed Elfaramawi, M.D., Ph.D.
Atul Kothari, M.D.
PRIMARY APPOINTMENT: College of Medicine - Internal Medicine RESEARCH INTERESTS:
- Disease Site Focus: Leukemia/ Lymphoma
- Research Focus Area: Prevention
- Type of Research: Clinical
- Research Interest Statement: My career goal is to use genomic medicine to advance our knowledge about transmissibility of infectious agents; and change the paradigm for infection prevention, specifically pertaining to patients with cancer. My studies are focused on using a next generation sequencing (NGS) approach to traditional transmission linkage science to determine patterns of acquisition of viral and bacterial infections in patients with hematologic malignancies. I believe that the tools of sequencing and metagenomics can be applied to provide direct pathogen level evidence for targeted and evidence based infection control measures both in infusion centers and oncology units.
Grover P. Miller, Ph.D.
- College of Medicine–Biochemistry & Molecular Biology
- Drug metabolism and bioactivation into toxicants
- Correlations between metabolism and adverse drugs events
- Development of experimental and computational metabolic approaches
Joseph Sanford, M.D.
- Director of the UAMS Institute for Digital Health & Innovation (IDHI)
- Associate Vice Chancellor — Chief Clinical Informatics Officer (CCIO)
- Associate Professor — College of Medicine’s Department of Anesthesiology
- Clinical Information
Kevin Sexton, M.D.
- Associate Chief Clinical Informatics Officer for Innovation, Research, And Entrepreneurship
- Co-Director Healthcare Analytics, Institute for Digital Health & Innovation
- Associate Professor: Department of Surgery, Department of Health Policy And Management
- Signal Processing
- Behavioral Economics
- Electronic Medical Records
- Wearable devices
Feliciano “Pele” Yu, M.D.
- Professor of Pediatrics
- Professor of Public Health
- UAMS Chief Medical Information Officer (CMIO)
- Arkansas Children’s Hospital Associate Director of UAMS Mindfulness Program, Certified Koru Mindfulness Teacher
- Clinical Informatics
- Health Informatics
- Quality Improvement and Patient Safety
Donnal Walter, M.D., Ph.D.
- Neonatologist At Uams/Ach
- Associate Mio For Data Analytics And Software Development
- Certified Epic Physician Builder (Advanced, Analytics, Orders)
- Custom web app development for clinical niches
- Clinical decision support
- Knowledge representation