The mission is to intentionally advance and leverage diversity and cultivate an environment of inclusion where our patients, students, trainees, faculty, and staff feel valued, respected, heard, and empowered through education and patient care. We aspire to engage, educate, advocate, and empower all radiology and imaging team members and patients to remove barriers throughout our campus and community.
The UAMS Radiology Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Committee hopes to achieve the following:
- Educate and empower team members on the importance DEI and its impact on patient care and the workforce. i.e. diversity training, cultural programs, conduct assessments,
- Conduct periodic DEI assessments to evaluate progress in achieving our goals.
- Engage with all students to provide and develop radiology/imaging pipeline programs i.e. presenting to students and undergrads, shadow opportunities, etc.
- Develop & empower community ambassadors
- Promote culture of patient equality, preserve human dignity, and advocate on behalf of patients to safeguard the right level of care
- Demonstrated by the actions of each team member.
- Review patient feedback/surveys to improve the patient experience
- Engage and collaborate with DEI committees within the UAMS healthcare system.
As a Department
We have recently developed our own DEI committee. This is co-chaired by one of our faculty and includes residents, faculty, administrative personnel, nurses and technologists.
In June, the DDEI hosted the UAMS Healers program and the Cancer Institute Summer Teen program to provide insight to high schoolers about various careers in Radiology.
UAMS Division for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Website