1. For IMGs, is an ECFMG Certification required at the time of application?
2. Do you require Step 2 CS and Step 2 CK for all applicants this year?
We expect completion of Step 1, Step 2 CK and Step 2 CS at the time of application. To be considered for this program, applicants must pass Step 1 and the USMLE Step 2
CS exam ON THE FIRST TRY (no exceptions). Score of 230-240 on Step 2 is considered competitive.
3. How will you conduct interviews this year?
4. Does your program sponsor visas?
We sponsor H1-B and J-1 visas. For information on other non-immigrant visa types, or if you have questions, visit the UAMS Immigration Services page, or contact UAMS Immigration Services at AskImmigration@uams.edu.
5. Does your program take International Medical Graduates (IMGs)?
Yes, our program supports diversity and takes pride in training talented IMGs.
6. How many positions is your program offering this match?
7. What are the minimum requirements for admission into your program?
- ERAS application
- Medical school transcript
- Dean’s letter
- Three letters of recommendation
- Personal statement
- USMLE Step I score report
- USMLE Step II score report (if available at time of application)
- Current photo
- ECFMG certificate, if applicable
- ALL applications are accepted only through ERAS (Electronic Residency ApplicationService).
- D.O.s are also expected to have USMLE Step 1 & Step 2 scores to interview (COMLEX scores alone are not sufficient).
8. When are interviews typically conducted?
During the months of November and December, and may begin as early as October.
9. Do you have a time since graduation cut off? If yes, how many years?
We ideally only consider applicants within two years of graduation but exceptions may be made for up to five years.
10. Is U.S. Clinical experience required?
Clinical experience is ideal, but not mandatory.
11. Do you have any specific requirements for Letters of Recommendation?
We prefer one of the letters is from a radiologist that an applicant has worked with directly.