The Interventional Radiology Interest Group (IRIG) is a resource to all medical students at UAMS that are interested in interventional radiology. The mission is to educate students about the subspecialty and provide mentorship to those who choose to pursue a career in our field.
- Holds quarterly meetings that include topics such as, What is IR?, IR related research, tips for applying to IR programs, etc.
- Conducts simulation labs on central venous lines and other ultrasound guided procedures
- Provides hands-on opportunities for students to learn about and handle IR supplies (i.e., catheters, wires, G-tubes, embolization devices, etc.)
- Connects student with resident and faculty mentors
- Allows students the opportunity to be involved in IR related research projects