The Department of Pediatrics at the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences (UAMS) invites applications for a Psychologist position based in Little Rock on the Arkansas Children’s campus.
- A unique role working with sexual abuse victims and youth who have been sexually offended all in the same program.
- A comprehensive structure made up of the Children’s Advocacy Center, medical, and mental health intervention programs co-existing in a building, philanthropically funded, affording seamless follow-up.
- Team approach; family-oriented.
- Decades of accumulated experience among existing clinical staff; strong collaborative partnerships and solid connections with DCFS, DYS and varying court systems across the state.
- Secure funding through State (>$500,000); ACH Foundation places the utmost importance on serving maltreated children; financial support comes from a system that values the work done with maltreated youth.
- Child Study Center, in the UAMS Department of Psychiatry, is co-located in the same building, offering contact with psychiatrists and more psychologists.
- Long-standing relationship with UCA Counseling Psychology Doctoral Training Program and UALR School of Social Work for placement of practicum students/interns is a large and expanding department with approximately 250 faculty members, including 18 psychologists. The Department is committed to developing nationally recognized clinical and research programs.
- This position offers the candidate a chance to step into a leadership role with opportunities to grow the program.
Practice is based at Arkansas Children’s Hospital
The Arkansas Children’s System includes two hospitals, a statewide care network of clinics and outreach programs, a research institute and a foundation. ACH is the only pediatric health system in the state of Arkansas, providing coverage to the state’s children from birth to age 21. The hospital staff consists of mor ethan 500 faculty, 200 residents and 4,400 support staff.Learn More About Arkansas Children’s
Meet Little Rock
The capital city of Arkansas is a bustling, vibrant and charming city situated along the bank of the Arkansas River. At the geographic center of the state, Little Rock rests at the crossroads of the South and the Mid-West, combining the best elements into a greater whole.Explore Little Rock